- Read Joanna Walsh’s ‘Vagues’ – a story about a couple in an oyster restaurant waiting for the good things that happen to other people to happen to them. Available in English, French and Russian.
- Read Stella Duffy’s ‘Brixton Beach’ in French
- Read UK writer Adam Marek’s story ‘Tamagotchi’ in Polish translation.
- Read four short stories by the Russian writer Anatoly Gavrilov.
- Volunteer translators – we need you.
- ‘The writer is more like a composer, making up worlds in the process of writing.’ German author Silke Scheuermann tells us about her approach to the short story.
- Serbian author Milos Ilic talks to us about his work.
- Exclusive – Norwegian author Bjarte Breiteig reads his devastating short story ‘You Better Run’ in Norwegian, with English Subtitles.
- ‘It’s the moment when the mask of appearances and perfection comes off.’ Dutch author Thijs de Boer on the short story.
- ‘It has nothing to do with the myth of short attention span and hectic, fast modern living; the reason I love reading short stories is deeper.’ We talk to Croatian author Maja Hrgović about her love for the short story.
- Exclusive – Dutch author Thijs de Boer reads his short story ‘Walking Urge’ in Dutch, with English subtitles.
- Read Maja Hrgović’s short story ‘Whale’s Ass’
- Exclusive – Serbian author Milos Ilic reads his dark, beautifully measured story ‘Surprise’ in Serbian, with English subtitles.
- ‘Father started towards the forest without a word. He had already told you that he had a surprise for you, and that was enough for you to follow in his footsteps.’ Read Milos K Ilić’s short story ‘Surprise’.
- Frank O’Connor Award winning author Simon van Booy talks to us about the appeal of the short form.
- Edinburgh based short story writer Gregory Norminton on the versatility of the short story.